Hydrogels – use and mode of action
- wound hydration
- debridement of necrotic tissue – removing the barrier to healing
- Indicated for dry to sloughy necrotic wounds as well as wounds with a mix of necrotic and granulated tissue.
- Hydrate necrotic tissue and absorb excess exudate, slough and debris from the wound.
- May be used throughout the healing process to provide a moist wound healing environment.
- Should be covered with a secondary dressing
Purilon features and benefits
- Excellent absorption properties
- Natural ingredients without any additives (hydrates and dissolves necrotic tissue)
- Viscous texture _ High cohesion
- Easy-to-use applicator
- Reduced risk of leakage and maceration
- Very gentle product yet effective debridement, low risk of allergies
- Even after absorption of debris and exudate the gel will remain cohesive and counteract leakage and maceration, while remaining easy to remove
- Ensures controlled application with only one hand